December 22, 2014

#BLOGMAS: New years resolutions for 2015

Hello! I managed to catch a cold just a few days before Christmas and as a result have spent the day watching American Horror Story Coven wrapped up in bed whilst eating home made curry and frozen lasagna. I didn't really have a clue about what to post today but I'm finding myself in a bit of a typing mood so brace yourself for a short post likely to be filled with a bunch of grammatical errors until Alice reads it and gets me to fix them up. With the new year just a over a week away I thought that it'd be appropriate to write a list of resolutions and general things that I wanted to achieve by the end of 2015. I know that if I want to do something than I should be able to at any time without a particular start date but there's just something satisfying in having the thought of a clean slate. 

1. I want to graduate from my business management degree. I originally had plans of deferring my studies to graduate in 2016 because I didn't want to move away from home so soon however I'm so close I decided I might as well get it done and dusted.

2. I want to get back on track with my fitness. I recently planned on taking a 10 day break from the Kayla Itsines guide after reaching week 9 in order to focus on my final exams however..... yeah holiday season happened and I just haven't had the motivation to get back on track with my training. I'd also like to begin jogging when the weather isn't so warm.

3. I want to be able to make more productive use of my time. Particularly during university semesters I find myself in bed on my laptop for hours at a time just because I'm not bothered to go do things like learn how to cook, clean up my room or simply open up a lecture. I'd also like to go a year without waking up in the afternoon. 

4. I want to get my license HAHAHAHA.

5. I want to save up enough money to buy and maintain my first car without financial assistance from my parents. 

6. I want to visit Queenstown. I've been wanting to for the last few months and have mentioned it on my blog a few times as well. I still haven't decided whether I want to visit in the Winter to ski or in the Spring/Autumn to sightsee but it'll happen!

7. I want to spend more time with my friends. I want to make more of an effort to see people rather than just randomly catching up when we coincidentally bump into each other on the street and both have an hour free. 

8. I want to find a new job and continue to work 2-3 jobs at a time throughout the year. I plan to continue to be a dental assistant until I leave Brisbane or find a full time job but I'd like to continue working in beauty (since the beauty job I'm currently working is a Summer based contract) and also continue gaining marketing experience. 

9. I want to know how to make myself happy. While I do obviously know that I have the most amazing network of support coming from incredible family and friends, I want to be able to find comfort in having my own company.

S.

Ps. Alice proof read this post and couldn't find any mistakes *score*

No comments :

Slider